Wedding Beauty Countdown
Follow our simple beauty guide for brides...
There is a such a lot to organise in the lead up to your wedding, that it's easy to leave the beauty plans to the last few weeks. to avoid any last minute beauty disasters, following our 6 month beauty countdown, which can be easily added to the rest of your wedding plans to make sure you're glowing on your special day.
6 months to go
- Really start to concentrate on nourishing your skin by eating well and drinking plenty of water.
- Cleanse tone and moisturise and try to get into the routine of having a professional facial once per month to help.
- Swap caffeinated coffee and tea for decaffeinated varieties and cut down on fizzy drinks.
- Get plenty of beauty sleep and start to collect ideas for hair styles and makeup.
- Avoid stress and improve your health by exercising regularly. Try to include a relaxing form of exercise as part of your routine i.e. pilates classes, evening walks, yoga sessions etc.
3 months to go
- Continue with the good habits listed above. You should already be reaping the benefits!
- You should now have more of an idea how you would like your hair and make up to look on the day. Start to experiment with different hair styles and talk to you stylist about booking a trial.
- Try different make up colours and visit in store beauty departments to try out new products.
- If you are going to get a fake tan for your big day try out different false tanning treatments at your beauty salon to get the desired effect without last minute panics.
- Try having your eyebrows done professionally, it could make a big difference.
- If you are going to get your hair/make up done by someone on the day, start to look for a good supplier and book trials.
- Get into the habit of regularly applying hand cream and coat nails with strengthening varnish.
1 month to go
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure.
- Book in final beauty treatments and appointments for the big day ahead now so that you avoid last minute problems.
- Regularly exfoliate the body with an all over body scrub followed with lashings of moisturiser.
- Stay relaxed - put some time aside for a warm bath or gentle stroll to help clear your mind and keep stress at bay.
- Avoid drinking alcohol to help keep the skin clear and fresh.
- Speak to your beauty therapist about how long to leave after your last facial before the big day. You don't want any post-facial breakouts the day before the wedding.
1 week to go
- You should have already booked your final appointments for eyebrow reshaping, facials, hair removal, manicures, hair and make up etc.
- Most important - aim at relieving stress by listening to calming music. Try aromatherapy to help relieve tension.
1 day to go
- Avoid alcohol and keep drinking the water to keep the skin clear.
- Set out anything you need for the following day and then RELAX.
On the day
- Start the day by relaxing in the bath.
- Avoid pre wedding drinks and stay off the caffeine.
- Stick to your hair and make up plan. Last minute impulsive changes can be disastrous.
- Most importantly, relax and enjoy your wedding day. Good Luck!